how to use our community Social Groups
please note that this FAQ is currently being updated and so content may change.
The imaginalCollective community offers social Groups for members to discuss, share content and interact with one another around specific topics. The groups generally function in a similar manner to Facebook groups.
Each time members interact with groups or group discussions, notifications are created by the website. You can read these by clicking on ‘My Notifications’ or by clicking on the ‘bell’ icon wherever you see them. These notifications are also sent to you by email using the email address you registered your account with.
- You can turn the email notifications on/off at: My Account –> Email Preferences
You can receive discussion notifications (ie each time a new discussion is created or a member replies to a discussion etc) by subscribing to that discussion (by default you will not be notified).
- Receive notifications by clicking on the discussion and then clicking on the ‘subscribe’ link/button.
- Stop receiving notifications by clicking on the discussion and then clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link/button.
Whenever a group is interacted with, a notification is sent to all the group’s members. This may be when…
- group information is updated
- you are promoted to a group organizer or moderator
- a member requests to join a private group you organize
- your request to join a group has been approved or denied
- you are sent a direct message from the group organizer or moderator
Again, as with other notifications, you can turn the email notifications on/off at: My Account –> Email Preferences